Okinawa Sunrise

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Learning the ropes and the roads

So it is highly likely that in these first few days....before the finding of a job, buying of a car, meeting of friends, moving in to of apartment....my posts will be plentiful. Currently I am somewhat marrooned at the Westpac lodge. Any of you who have spent any time on a US military base will be aware that it is not exactly walkable. Not that I am itching to wander to the Macaroni grill. Particularly not while my jet lag keeps walking me into a brick wall every day at 1pm.

However, the good news is that I am now licensed to drive on the several dozen miles of road on this fine island. Not that it was any small task mind you. My yesterday was taken up with 8, I say again 8 hours of instructional video on the fine art of driving. Can you tell me whether over or under inflation of tires leads to excessive wear?

I will keep you informed if any of the test turns out to matter as I grapple with the challenges of the Okinawa roads. Nothing more to report just yet!

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

just found a photo of the westpac lodge online. looks lovely. palm trees, hooray!
:-) hope things get more exciting soon -- sorry to hear about your bummer driving class.

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home