Okinawa Sunrise

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sushi a-go-go!

Most definately the niftyest thing I have seen yet here in Okinawa was last night at a Sushi spot in what is known as American village. Some of you may have heard of the Sushi restaurants in Japan where the Sushi rolls around on a conveyer belt in front of you and you pick out what you want. More than that, there is a mini chest of drawers in front of you with chopsticks and tea bags. Hot water for the tea comes out of a little spout right by your seat! I was really sorry I didn't bring my camera!

They tally up how much you owe by the empty plates that your sushi came on. Now the nifty part is that the waitresses come along when you are done and run this little scanner doohicky over the stack of empty plates. Now I don't know how it works but it puts the info onto a small plastic card that you take to cashier. There is some science going on that I just can't suss out!

Feeling a little guilty about all the fish I ate now that I read a report on BBC.co.uk showing that there may be no fishable fish in the oceans by 2050. Take a read.....leeeetle scary!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi talia - i want one of those spout things for my desk!! it would be great. anywho, it turns out I can't call you from my cell since international calls arent part of our sprint program - dad says he'll try fix that tho. So you're going to have to call me when you can! Life is going well, and i miss you already! :)
Love you lots,
Vanessa

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool, i'm jealous!!!! i wanna go!

miss you and love you!
rebecca

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home