Okinawa Sunrise

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

An Okie in Oki wishes you a Merry Christmas!

Some news and a Christmas greeting!

We'd first like to wish all of your a merry merry Christmas! We hit it a day before you so we knew it was going to be a good day. Otherwise you would have heard from us :)

I also wanted to let you all know that I am no longer a house frau! A kept woman no more! I got a job with the University of Oklahoma. There are a number of US schools that have set up shop here on the island offering Associates, Bachelors, Masters degrees and a number of non-degree courses. For the most part, the programs are of interest to members of the armed forces who are looking to improve themselves while in the service and take an extra step in their military careers or better prepare for life post-military. Either way I think its a noble endeavor and I'm really happy to be a part of it. I'm the site manager for OU on Kadena Air Force base (about 10 minutes north of Camp Foster where we live). Although this doesn't bode well for my Japanese immersion and eventual planned for fluency and life as a sushi chef, I think it will be very exciting!

So I will try not to let my posts wane! Hope you're enjoying the pics and updates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home